我来我网
https://5come5.cn

您尚未 登录  注册 | 菠菜 | 软件站 | 音乐站 | 邮箱1 | 邮箱2 | 风格选择 | 更多 » 

« 1 2» Pages: ( 1/2 total )
本页主题: 昨天版主channing夸我作文写的好,特别奉献我的托福习作,大家来说说哈 显示签名 | 打印 | 加为IE收藏 | 收藏主题 | 上一主题 | 下一主题

asdfghasdfgh

性别: 帅哥 状态: 该用户目前不在线
等级: 鹤立鸡群
发贴: 1301
威望: 0
浮云: 1324
在线等级:
注册时间: 2006-10-06
最后登陆: 2008-06-29

5come5帮你背单词 [ clarify /'klærifai/ vt. 讲清楚,阐明,澄清 ]

昨天版主channing夸我作文写的好,特别奉献我的托福习作,大家来说说哈

以下11篇乃本人托福备战时的习作,也给将来考托福的GGJJDDMM提供些写法,若您11篇都看了,您会发现我的模板以及写作的思路,其实个人觉得托福写作是四部分中最简单的哈!
本帖最近评分记录:
  • 浮云:10(channing) 寒.. lz要学会低调......
  • 顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:09 | [楼 主]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ arrangement /ə'reind3əmənt/ n. 排列,整理,安排,准备 ]

第一篇 

009    some people prefer to live in a small town, others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

As I was born in a big modern city, personally speaking, I prefer to live in a big city rather than a small town. Some might argue that people living in a big city have to face many problems, air pollution, traffic jam, noise, high pressure, just to name a few of them. Admittedly, living in a big city does bring some negative effects on people's day to day lives, but the bright sides it creates far outweigh the drawbacks.
              For one thing, living in a big city offers people there a better education opportunity than those who are not. The education system is much more advanced. From the kindergarten, primary school, middle school, high school then finally to college and university, living in a big city can provide one a systematic all round education that a small town can not offer. The courses that schools in a big city can provide cover a much wider range than that of a school in a small town. Also, the teachers in a big city are usually much more qualified than their counterparts who are living in a small town. Thus, the younger generation who are living in a big city has a better education to receive.
              For another, living in a big city offers people there a better job opportunity as well. Big cities, like Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, are much more developed than small towns. Those big cities, interacting with the west world, exchange the culture and traditions which makes the births of various new industries possible. Thus the new jobs opportunities are created, fostered, and developed. This phenomena, I suppose, rarely happens in a small town. Not only the new jobs should I mention, but the traditional jobs, such as construction work, cleaning work, texture work, selling work, I also should not ignore. The big cities also provide a multitude of opportunities of working positions in the traditional domain.
            Living in a big city usually makes one's life more meaningful and colorful. Theaters, cinemas, sports centers, theme parks, they are all excellent place to spend your spare time, refresh your body and soul from the high stress in the working, and add the essential fun to your fast paced city life.
            In the final analysis, living in a big city is far more suitable and feasible than living in a small town. As a city dweller, I can not even imagine how awkward and tedious it will be if I am living in a small town.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:10 | [1 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ radium /'reidjəm/ n. 镭 ]

第二篇

008 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?  Television has destroyed the communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Nowadays, as a product of information age, television had entered nearly every house. Having gained the unsurpassable popularity, this little box already became an indispensable part of people's day to day lives. Thus, watching television after a whole day tiring working routine seems inevitably justifiable. Personally speaking, I do not see it in that way, and what I have observed is that television has undermined the interaction between friends and family members.
            To start with, I would like to take my little experience as an illustration to support my view of this box. When I was a middle school student, I found myself desperately fall in love with watching television. Every day, the first one running home after class was me. When I got home with panting, I opened the television and started my journey in the cartoon world. During this period of time, I hardly talk to my teachers, my friends and even my own beloved parents. People thought I was quite strange and silent. But only I know the reason----- it was because of television. It really took me two months to get rid of that "idiot box". 
            Next I turn to the reasons why television has destroyed the communication among people. As we all know, while emitting the images and sound, television successfully grasps our all attention. People who are watching a sport game or soap opera might be impossible to take care about the things which are happening around them. We often can see that a wife's complaint becomes inaudible to a husband who is totally absorbed in a television program, a mother's lecture loses its influence on the child who is focusing on the cartoon. Watching television does bring you some knowledge and relaxation, but it also take up your leisure time which is becoming less and less due to the development of the economy and the furious competition.
          In the final analysis, I do believe that we should blame television for the decline of the communication between friends and family. Watching television is only justifiable under the circumstance that one also keep a sound interaction with friends and family and not spend too much of your precious leisure time sitting in front of that "idiot box".

顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:11 | [2 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ except /ik'sept/ prep. 除…以外 ]

第三篇

010  "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.

The statement that people succeed only because of hard work and luck has nothing to do with success is too extreme and ruled out the circumstances that luck does play a critical role in people's success. As far as I am concerned, luck is also an indispensable factor in people's success, although it is quite unpredictable and hard working is the premise for that luck to happen.
            To begin with, it is well known that hard work plays a major role in people' success. Through human history, I can not conjure up that a man who succeeded merely because of luck. All of the prominent figures in the history who succeed, like Thomas Edison, James Watt, and Einstein, they were all assiduous and industrious. Hard work paved their ways toward future success and made them possible for the people after them to remember. And Thomas Edison once said," success is 99percent of perspration plus 1percent inspiration." Thus, people without the spirit of hard working, rarely can success no matter what fields they work in.
          Additionally, hard working is the precondition for success regardless of luck. When luck does come, it is the people who are hard working and totally indulge themselves in that area can sense the luck and then grab it, make the most out of it. People who are lazy and only dreaming about the luck can not even notice when luck come and go. Each of us has luck, it is the hard working spirit makes us winners or losers.
          Lastly, we do need luck sometimes to further our scientific research. In this sort of situation, only hard working is probably not enough. Let us say, although Edison had already experimented more than one thousand kinks of materials which are not suitable to use as a lamp wick , he still had not found the right material. Then luck came and assisted him. Without the critical luck, we may still worry about the longevity of the light.
          In the final analysis, hard working is undoubtedly a crucial element in people's success, but claims like "luck has nothing to do with success" or " luck is nothing to success" are utterly ungrounded.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:12 | [3 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ lukewarm /'lu:kwo:m/ a. (指液体)微温的,不热心的 ]

第四篇

011 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

My view is that universities should give less amount of money to their students' sports activities than they give to their university libraries. As far as I am concerned, university is a place for student to gain their knowledge in specific field rather than a place to develop their body strength.
            In the first place, let us take a general look at the people who go to universities. It really do not take much to discover that people who go to universities are at least above the age of 18, which means they are already fully grown adults and they do not need to develop their body through sports activities. Also if they really want to further their body training, it does not have to be in universities. They can go to the professional training centers or gymnastic centers, and they have a much wider range of sports to choose from.
            In the second place, with the expansion of yearly enrollment, university libraries are becoming more and more insufficient to meet the growing need of students. We often can see that university students get up around 6am, rash to library just for securing seats and wait anxiously just for borrowing books they want to see long ago. The only way to suspend this trend is that universities should invest more money, give more resource to libraries. As we all know that university budget is limited, we should allocate them properly and wisely.
            Additionally, by saying "less amount of money", I mean nothing to ignore the importance of taking part in sport activities while ones have spare time. Admittedly, doing sports is an excellent way for university students to refresh the mind from academic studying and tiring research. But again, the amount of money spent in the sport activities should be no more than that of university library.
            In conclusion, investing the money to universities libraries is always a sound option, and universities should give the priority to the academic-related area rather than the sports facilities.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:12 | [4 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ dirty /'də:ti/ a. 脏的,(手段等)卑鄙的,下流的;v. 弄脏,玷污 ]

第五篇

012 Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums?  Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People travel to new places for many different reasons, and the most common ones are to gain more knowledge, to learn more traditions and experience more cultures. Museums, as we all know, are places where costumes, traditions and cultures are displayed. Thus, it is no surprise that people visit museums when they travel to new places.
          First of all, visiting a museum is a totally different experience from reading through a book, no matter how well the book is organized and presented. Seeing different things through one's own eyes is far more exciting and thrilling than merely looking at the pictures. Standing in front of a skeleton of an ancient dinosaur, one may vividly understand the terrifying size of a living dinosaur. Staring at a piece of ancient artifacts, one may truly grasp the magnificence of a passed civilization. Museums offer various kinds of opportunities for a foreign visitor to experience things personally with a short period of time.
          Meanwhile, museums transmit a incredible amount of knowledge through this way. While you are visiting a museum, you actually are learning the past, the present, and even future of the place you are visiting. Nearly every aspect of this place is shown to you when you are visiting a local museum. History, of course, is a major and most important part of that knowledge. After visiting the local museum, you will have a better understanding of the place. Things like art, music, costume, living style and traditional value, you may probably have a general opinion.
            Lastly, museums also can provide visitors some fun while they are traveling. Currently, some entertaining facilities are already part of the museum, and museums also hold some entertaining activities from time to time. It is nothing new if you hear that a local museum is having a funny exhibition or holding a social bouquet. The traditional museums also add some modern elements now.
            In conclusion, visiting a museum is quite a sound option for people who are traveling to a unfamiliar place, for museums can offer you a golden opportunity to make the best out of your limited visiting time.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:13 | [5 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ script /skript/ n. 手稿,打字原稿,笔迹 ]

第六篇

013 Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Personally speaking, I generally prefer to eat at home due to the cozy and warm atmosphere home can provide. While, I also do not rule out the possibility that eating at food stands or restaurants would be my favorite choice under some special occasions.
          For one thing, eating at home is far more economical than eating at restaurants, although preparing the food sometimes really can be a tedious task. In this perspective, restaurants provide already done food and they also boost their capability of providing food with fine quality and offering food at a fast speed. These merits might help restaurants win over, but the cost of that service also might make restaurants only available to people who can afford that amount of money. For most of us, we barely could afford eat at restaurants on a daily basis. We just buy food, clean food then cook food by ourselves, by which we can save a lot of money and allocate them to some other more meaningful area.
          For another, eating at home gives people a golden chance to communicate with friends, family members and at the very least, people we know. I can chat anything we want regardless of any influence might on the people around us if I eat at a restaurant. Eating at a restaurant where is full of people I do not know and sometimes even is very crowed, I inevitably will feel uncomfortable and even become annoyed. Also, there are a lot of unpleasant factors that I can not even predict. While eating at home, with everything I am so familiar with, I will feel it is just what I want and it suits me perfectly well.
          Lastly, I assume that eating at a restaurant under some special occasions is also necessary and reasonable. A major celebration, a family reunion and a company yearly meeting, events like those probably requires eating at some prestigious restaurants and hotels. These places offer the environment which is exactly needed and homes could never render.
          In the final analysis, for most of the time, I prefer to eat at home, which is both economical and cozy. While in some special occasions, I have to admit that eating at a restaurant should be a better decision.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:14 | [6 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ style /stail/ n. 风格,文体,时尚,流行式样,种类,类型 ]

第七篇

21. In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon.

It is well-known that currently people are living longer than those who were living in the past.  It really does not take too much to discover the reasons why there exists such phenomenon. The advancement of medical treatment, the general improvement of living standard, and the better knowledge of ourselves are just some courses behind this phenomenon. I will explore them one by one in the following passages.

Along with the advancement of science and technology, the medical field also takes a great step forward, which means most of the fatal diseases are no longer a threat to humankind. In the past, the break out of the flu would become a huge epidemic and would probably kill thousands, even millions of people. But nowadays, with a little help of the prescription from a family doctor, people can get rid of the virus quite easily. The newly developed medicine can almost protect us from any lethal disease, thus longevity of people is guaranteed.

Also, the living standard of the general public is improved dramatically. Currently, people are no longer worried about food, water, clothes, and even a decent place where they can call it home. People are living their lives comfortably and conveniently. Public service are also much more developed than ever before. Services like transportation, health care, and all different kinds of insurance make people's lives much easier and less troublesome.

Finally, we recognize ourselves much better and more profound than people in the past. Actually, there are new discoveries in the field of biological engineering everyday, which help us to know more about our DNA and our brain. With the better understanding of ourselves, we can find solutions and even can cure some fatal diseases like cancer, aids. We are living in an age when everything is possible, and I do believe finally we can conquer the limitedness of us humankind.

As discussed above, the better drugs, the higher living standard and the deeper knowledge of ourselves are three major courses behind the fact that people are living longer now.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:15 | [7 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ decision /di'si3ən/ n. 决定,决心 ]

第八篇

42. What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Currently, people are facing complex issues and ambiguous situations more than ever before. Thus, I assume that the communicating skill should be the most important skill for a person if he wants to succeed in his life and career.

To start with, good communication between different people can help them understand each other, and save some seemly unavoidable conflicts. We are living in a world with a huge variety of people. Differences in culture, religion, and life style are most evident among all and already widely recognized by us. Sometimes even people from the same culture can be distinct from each other due to different personality. Thus, communication is essential for people to understand, tolerate, and love each other. A person, who possesses a good skill of communication, therefore will find no difficulty to deal with people in the world today and hence to be successful.

For another, effective communication can help people obtain help from others, whether from a colleague, a classmate, a friend and even a total stranger. We do have our own limitedness, and we can not fulfill all the things in life by our own. Thus, we have to gain assistance from others through a good interpersonal communication. A better solution from a colleague, some suggestions from a classmate, a wonderful idea from a friend and even a direction of roads from a stranger are most common helps that you can obtain through your communication with others.

Finally, useful communication also can help people make themselves understood by others. Sometimes we do need communication to clear up the misunderstanding and bias between us and people around us, whether it be our friends, parents, or workmates. When misunderstandings are removed, people can better focus on their career and then they are on the right track to success.

As discussed above, I strongly believe that a good communication skill is most crucial for a person who wants to succeed in his life nowadays.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:16 | [8 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ axe // n. 斧子 ]

第九篇

14. Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

In most of the cases, I strongly suggest that university students should attend classes and be required to do so, in that courses provided by university are both necessary and beneficial to students. While I also do not rule out the possibilities that not attending classes for some students might not be a bad idea.

For one thing, university students can benefit a lot through attending the classes which are provided by their university. As we all know, courses in university are taught by experienced faculty, among which are many world famous scholars and professors. Thus, without a doubt, students who are regularly attending classes can gain much more useful knowledge than those who are not. Besides, attending classes offers a good opportunity for students to interact, discuss problems which bother them with their distinguished professors and tutors; therefore they can solve their problems and further their pursuit in academic field.

For another, courses in university nearly cover every aspect of our day to day lives, from basic math, physics to astronomy, genetics, from music, arts to archaeology, anthropology. Courses in university can satisfy almost every student's insatiable appetite for various kinds of knowledge and information. For instance, if a science student wants to learn something about the history of music, he can probably choose a subject about that area. In the same way, an art student can choose a scientific subject if he or she wants to know something about science and technology.

Nonetheless, if a student already knows a lot about what is going to be taught in the very class, and already acquire the knowledge that class will offer, not attending class might be a fairly right decision for him or her. Attending that sort of classes only means a ridiculous waste of his or her time and energy, and brings no further development in the specific area for him or her. Thus, being under circumstances like that, choosing not to attend class is a sound and smart decision for the students who are falling into that kind of category.

In the final analysis, whether choosing to attend classes or not totally depends on the specific situation, as long as the decision meets the best interest of that person, and I confidently claim that topics like that should never be over generalized. 
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:17 | [9 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ cigar /si'ga:/ n. 雪茄烟 ]

第十篇

181. In your country, is there more need for land to be left in its natural condition or is there more need for land to be developed for housing and industry?

There has been a heated debate over the issue of whether land should be used for developing housing and industry or should be left in its natural condition in my country. Personally speaking, whether a piece of land should be developed or not depends on the location and other factors, and questions like this one should never be generalized.

For one thing, land in big cities usually is used for economic purpose and that sort of usage is justifiable. In this occasion, city planners allocate the land resource to meet the needs of the citizens. Thus, land normally is used for constructing some plants and factories and residential area.
    In order to further the development of local economy, building more industrial plants and housing area for its people might seem inevitable and inarguable.

For another, land in remote area, especially in countryside, should be left in its natural condition due to the benefits it can bring. Land in that sort of places often is used for farming and tourism. There usually has a lot of scenic spots and places of interest. Besides, there also provides animals and other living creature with an unexplored and peaceful environment, which is quite impossible if land there is developed for industry and housing.

Lastly, if land in big cities possesses a historical value or other meaningful treasure, that very piece of land also should not be developed for industry and housing, instead, it should be preserved and well protected for future generation.

In the final analysis, the use of land should be based on the specific situation and assessed well by different groups of people before that decision is made.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:17 | [10 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ interest /'intrist/ n. 兴趣,关注,爱好,引起兴趣的事物,(常用复数)利益,利息,利率 ]

第十一篇

Do you agree with the following statement or not? Pets should be treated like family members.

There is a feeling recently that pets should be treated like family members. As far as I am concerned, I fundamentally agree with that statement and I always believe that all living creatures are equal.

To start with, I would like to explore the biological reasons why we should treat our pets as family members. Generally speaking, pets are dogs, cats and some sorts of birds. These animals usually acquire high level of intelligence, comparing with other kinds of animals. Thus, they can truly understand the expression, affection, and the feeling that their owners are displaying and they have the capability to follow their owners' instruction. We can teach them to do some basic math problems and order them to sit, stay and stand, sometimes even only with one leg.

For another, emotionally speaking, pets really deserve to be treated as family members. There is a huge number of stories telling people how a dog saved his owner's life and how a cat accompanied an old lady through her loneliness life. To people like them, pets simply are no longer animals. Instead, they are the ones who are listening to you when you need a listener to express your feeling, who are with you when you are suffering loneliness.

Lastly, although pets possess many merits, they also have some annoying problems, among which the hygiene problem is the most obvious. Pets usually have a lot of bugs on their body and some of the bugs might transmit certain kinds of terrible diseases.

To conclude, despite the hygiene problem that pets might have, I truly hope that all of us could treat our pets like family members and love them.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:18 | [11 楼]
    海兰

头衔: 再见了,我的大学
    等级: 荣誉会员
    家族: 低调一族
    发贴: 9006
    威望: 3
    浮云: 406
    在线等级:
    注册时间: 2005-10-02
    最后登陆: 2013-04-28

5come5帮你背单词 [ hull /hΛl/ n. 船身,船体,(果、实等的)外壳;vt. 去(谷物、豆等的)壳 ]

In most of the cases, I strongly suggest that / I assume that /My view is that ......

For one thing / To start with,.................

For another / Additionally ,.................

Lastly,.............

In conclusion/In the final analysis / As discussed above,.............

such nice "eight-part essays"....simple is the best.
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:26 | [12 楼]
    asdfghasdfgh

在线等级:

5come5帮你背单词 [ active /'æktiv/ a. 有活力的,积极的,主动的 ]

Quote:
    引用第12楼海兰于2007-12-04 16:26发表的  :
    In most of the cases, I strongly suggest that / I assume that /My view is that ......

For one thing / To start with,.................

For another / Additionally ,.................

你怎么这么快就读完了
    是不是只念开头
    顶端 Posted: 2007-12-04 16:30 | [13 楼]
    piweihwt

头衔: HOHO~
    等级: 赏金猎人
    家族: 起早不摸黑
    发贴: 936
    浮云: 616
    在线等级: