等级: 荣誉会员
发贴: 3544
威望: 3
浮云: 421
在线等级:
注册时间: 2004-12-25
最后登陆: 2011-11-19

5come5帮你背单词 [ blue /blu:/ a. 蓝色的,脸色发灰的,忧郁的,沮丧的;n. 蓝色 ]

The latest trend sweeping the fashion world ban in super-skinny models from the runway.Officals in Spain have done it,is England gona follow soon? Here is ABC's Gloria Viara in London.

They are the queens of the cat walk, beautiful, glamorous, and thin, also thin, but thin enough to keep them off the runway.

I thought what a good idea, so many young people are, er anorexia or bulimic.

Someone in the officals now want to ban super-thin models from the city's prestigious fashion week,saying they sent wrong message to girls.They're not the first,after facing protests from women's groups,Madrid rocks the fashion world rejecting models from its own fashion week. If they weren't heavy enough,30% didn't make the cut,many others just decided not to go.

We're a bit upset because we love deserve there,we love Spain,and never think...

But don't mistake it,Madrid standards still cut a very trim figure.5'9''model, for example,has to weigh 123 pounds.At New York's fashion week,some designers said it is in line with what they already do.

Michaed Kors says he doesn't look for super thin on his runway.
I like a curvy body,er,I like real women.You know,I mean,my cloth has to translate to real life.

But what about the models themselves, so used to industry where being so slender is so richly rewarded.

There're people in this industy that,you know,don't need struggle, you know, nobody says anything about it.
You never know, you can not just be, look at a person and then if that she is skinny,oh my god,she is under a * ,she is sick.

Well London authorities consider a ban, they're getting support from Britain cycle author J.K.Rowling,who says she doesn't want her children to be quoted as empty-headed,self-obsessed coons.

But organizers of London's fashion reject the idea.
Outright bans and indeed legislation is definitely not a route we want to go down.The event's chairman said.
Still it's an issue unlikely to go away, the city officials in Milan, the fashion capital of the world now are considering weight requirements on their own.
顶端 Posted: 2006-09-27 07:31 | [1 楼]
我来我网·5come5 Forum » 外语乐园

Total 0.007984(s) query 5, Time now is:06-27 01:23, Gzip enabled