浮云: 1117
在线等级:
注册时间: 2006-03-06
最后登陆: 2012-05-18

5come5帮你背单词 [ gunpowder /'gΛnpaudə/ n. 火药 ]

『美刊快译』梦之队备战记――做好自己的事

转自“学英语,看NBA”,网址http://en4ch.tianya.cn,译者:bdmrg
??
??LAS VEGAS, August 16, 2007 -- Four of the NBA's top six scorers are here at USA Basketball camp. But when they're playing together, there's only one basketball.
??拉斯维加斯,8月16,2007――NBA最好的4名投手齐聚拉斯维加斯美国国家队,但问题出来了,该怎样分配出手次数。
??
??Every player here has a role on their NBA team, a prominent one at that. And there's not one player here who has that exact same role for Team USA.
??在各自的球队,他们都扮演着各自的角色――重要角色,但在这里,好几个角色与自己球队的角色大相径庭。
??
??With Amare Stoudemire the only true big in the starting lineup, Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James need to be rebounders.
??先发阵容只有斯塔德迈尔是大个子,安东尼和詹姆斯得抢篮板。
??
??"I think me and 'Melo know we gotta help clean the glass, because we're small," James said. "We don't have a lot of true bigs, so me and 'Melo gotta do a good job of helping."
??“我知道我和阿梅(卡梅隆-安东尼)要把篮板下面打扫干净,尽管我们个子小,”詹姆斯说。“我们没有多少大个子,所以阿梅和我要做很多辅助工作。”
??
??"Everybody has to come back on the boards," Anthony added, "not just me and LeBron ... Amare, Kobe, J-Kidd. And they're all guys who love to do that, who love to crack back, get in the paint and battle."
??“每个人都要争取往篮下冲抢,”安东尼补充说。“不仅仅是我和詹姆斯。。。。。。斯塔德迈尔、科比、基德都喜欢这样,他们喜欢反过身来抢篮板,在3妙区内折腾。”
??
??Jason Kidd, who took 11.4 shots per game last season for the Nets, took just one shot in the State Farm Challenge. And he hasn't shot much in the scrimmages in this camp either.
??基德上赛季为网队场均砍下11.4分,但今天在这里只投了一次。到训练营以来,他一直投得不多。
??
??Chauncey Billups, Mr. Big Shot himself, probably won't be on the floor if a game is on the line down the stretch, but he'll be asked to provide emotional support to those who are.
??比卢普斯是投手中的投手,比赛打得好时一般不上,但如果打得没有[屏蔽],教练就会派他。
??
??Instead of starting and getting lots of touches, Mike Miller and Michael Redd need to come in and be ready to shoot after sitting on the bench. And it wouldn't hurt if they contributed in other ways as well.
??米勒和里德没有先发,上场时间不多,经常在板凳上准备上场投篮。当然除了投篮,如果还能干点别的也不错。
??
??"Today, Mike Miller had five defensive rebounds," Coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "He doesn't do that for his team."
??“今天米勒抢了5个防守篮板,”总教练沙舍夫斯基说。“他在自己的球队抢得不多。”
??
??"I need to find a way to fit in on this team," Miller admitted. "It's not always gonna be scoring like it is when I'm with Memphis. We've got a lot of scorers on this team. My job is to do the little things and help us win games."
??“我要想方设法融入球队,”米勒说。“和孟菲斯不一样,无需多投。现在队里投手多,我的工作是做小事情,帮助球队赢球。”
??
??And when an opponent gets hot, Kobe Bryant is willing to take on the role of defensive stopper. Krzyzewski recalled a conversation he had with KB24 before camp began.
??碰到对手打得很火,科比往往喜欢挺身而出,做他们的终结者。沙舍夫斯基记得开营时和科比有过一次谈话。
??
??"Kobe is one of the guys who just said 'Whatever you want me to do. I'll take that best perimeter guy every day. I don't have to be the shooter.' And I said, 'Well, let's not go too far.'"
??“科比是这样说的,‘你要我做什么,我就做得最好,天天如此。不一定非得投。’我接着说‘好的,那倒不一定每天这样。’”
??
??So, Kobe will still be the go-to guy down the stretch, and he'll probably lead the team in scoring. But throughout the roster, sacrifices are being made.
??球场上科比是关键先生,也许他还将放手投篮,带领球队前进。现在大名单上的每一个人都学会了牺牲。
??
??"We all gotta adapt to one another," Bryant said. "We've all gotta make some kind of compromise and sacrifice. We just have to take our individual talents and plug them into the system."
??“我们都要适应别人,”科比说。“我们应该在一定程度上妥协,人人学会牺牲。把个人能力融入球队需要。”
??
??"It's called being unselfish," Krzyzewski said. "Unselfish is not just not shooting the ball all the time. It's accepting new things that might make you not look as good, because you don't do them for 100 games out of the year."
??“这就叫无私,”沙舍夫斯基说。“无私并不是说什么时候都不能投篮,而是说接受新打法,这可能让你不那么出色,但事实上你不必长期这么打。”
??
??And if all these guys playing in a high-school gym isn't surreal enough, seeing them all happy with their roles and happy with how things are going no matter how many shots they take just adds to the feel-good atmosphere.
??如果打球时很现实,喜欢自己的角色,不管得多少分都高兴,只想为全队的快乐努力,那多好。
??
??Of course, it was a feel-good atmosphere this time last year as well. And that didn't end with gold. Still, you have to be impressed with how these superstars are willing to become role players.
??当然,去年世锦赛也有这种不错的感觉,但并没有带来金牌。现在人们将牢牢记住超级明星是怎样做角色球员的。
??
??"You gotta enjoy your role, whether it's playing 28 minutes or playing no minutes," Redd said.
??“你要喜欢自己的角色,不管是打28分钟还是1分钟不打,”里德说。
??
??For Anthony, it's all about the W's. "On this team," he said, "I could score 10 points, LeBron could score five, Kobe could score 12, and we still got a chance of winning the basketball game."
??在安东尼看来,一切都是为了赢球。“对于我们这支队伍,”他说,“我拿10分,詹姆斯拿5分,科比拿12分,还有赢球的机会。”
??
??"That's the beauty of the team," Redd added. "You don't have to do it all. We can all score the basketball. It's just a matter of who's open and making the right plays."
??“这就是魅力所在,”里德说。“不必一个[屏蔽]包大揽。谁都可以投,就看谁有空位,做正确的选择。”
??
??Chris Bosh, even though he has to sit out this year with plantar fasciitis in his left foot, sums it up best.
??波什对此做了一个最好的总结,尽管由于左脚底筋膜炎,今年他不得不远离球场。
??
??"When you bring all that together," Bosh said of the alpha-male mentality all these guys have, "it's hard to get it out of your system. But you have to remember, when you put that USA on your chest, you're playing for a totally different team."
??“当一群超级明星聚在一起时,每个人都很难从自己的打法中挣脱出来。但是,当你把‘美国’二字印在胸前时,你就会用完全不同的一种方式打球。”
??
??转自“学英语,看NBA”,网址http://en4ch.tianya.cn,译者:bdmrg
顶端 Posted: 2007-09-12 19:27 | [楼 主]
我来我网·5come5 Forum » 外语乐园

Total 0.010087(s) query 4, Time now is:05-13 16:50, Gzip enabled