我来我网
https://5come5.cn

您尚未 登录  注册 | 菠菜 | 软件站 | 音乐站 | 邮箱1 | 邮箱2 | 风格选择 | 更多 » 

本页主题: DLai[屏蔽]1913年的宣言(中英对照,中文为barry343翻译) 显示签名 | 打印 | 加为IE收藏 | 收藏主题 | 上一主题 | 下一主题

barry343

性别: 帅哥 状态: 该用户目前不在线
头衔: ~×世界大同,阿弥陀佛×~
等级: 人见人爱
家族: Jane靓颖
发贴: 2755
威望: 0
浮云: 1559
在线等级:
注册时间: 2005-10-17
最后登陆: 2014-04-18

5come5帮你背单词 [ restaurant /'restəront/ n. 餐馆,饭店 ]

DLai[屏蔽]1913年的宣言(中英对照,中文为barry343翻译)

这是以前帮同学翻译的DLai[屏蔽]讲话的一部分。也是第一次尝试翻译长篇文章,内容肯定有不妥的地方。还请各位批评指导。内容可能有些无聊,但是看一看至少对英文有些帮助吧。      

THE DALAI LAMA'S 1913
        PROCLAMATION
      DLai[屏蔽]1913年的宣言
    Tsepon W. D. Shakabpa (trans.)
      由Tsepon W. D. Shakabpa翻译

Source: Tsepon W. D. Shakabpa, Tibet: A Political History, New York: Potala Publications, 1984 (first published, New Haven: Yale University Press, 1967), pp. 246-8
资料来源:. Tsepon W. D. Shakabpa,《酉-臧:一部[屏蔽]历史》纽约Potala出版社,1984(1967年 纽黑文 耶鲁大学出版社第一版)

Quote:
Shortly after his return to Lhasa [from exile in India, in January 1913], the Dalai Lama issued a proclamation to all his officials and subjects throughout Tibet. This proclamation .... [is] ... regarded in Tibet as la] formal declaration of independ-ence. This proclamation is dated the eighth day of the first month of the Water-Ox year (1913):
当他1913年一月从印度的exile回到拉萨后不久,DLai[屏蔽]向他整个酉-臧的所有的官员与仆从发表了讲话。这个讲话被认为是正式的[屏蔽]宣言。此宣言在“水牛年”(1913年)的第一个月发表:

I, the Dalai Lama, most omniscient possessor of the Buddhist faith, whose title was conferred by the Lord Buddha's command from the glorious land of India, speak to you as follows:
我,DLai[屏蔽],由荣耀之地印度的佛祖确认的全能的佛教宗师,对你们说以下的话:
I am speaking to all classes of Tibetan people. Lord Buddha, from the glorious country of India, prophesied that the reincarnations of Avalokite~vara, through successive rulers from the early religious kings to the present day, would look after the welfare of Tibet.
我对全酉-臧各阶层的人民讲话。来自荣耀之国印度的佛祖,预言Avalokite~vara的转世,通过从早期宗教王者到现在的统治者,会护佑酉-臧。
During the time of Genghis Khan and Altan Khan of the Mongols, the Ming dynasty of the Chinese, and the Ch'lng dynasty of the Manchus, Tibet and China co-operated on the basis of benefactor and priest relationship. A few years ago, the Chinese authorities in Szechuan and Yunnan endeavored to colonize our terri, tory. They brought large numbers of troops into central Tibet on the pretext of policing the trade marts. I, therefore, left Lhasa with my ministers for the lndo-Tibetan border,hoping to clarify to the Manchu Emperor by wire that the existing relationship between Tibet and China had been that of patron and priest and had not been based on the subordination of one to the other. There was no other choice for me but to cross the border, because Chinese troops were following with the intention of taking me alive or dead.
在蒙古的成吉思汗和Altan Khan时代以及汉人的明朝和满人的清朝时期,酉-臧和中国以捐助人和祭司的关系为基础合作。几[屏蔽],中国四川和云南[屏蔽]企图侵占我们的领土。他们以维持贸易秩序为借口派遣了大量[屏蔽]深入酉-臧中部。因此我和我的幕僚们离开拉萨去了印度-酉-臧边界,我希望发电报向满族皇帝澄清酉-臧与中国现存的关系一直以来是捐助人与祭司的关系而不是一方从属于另一方的关系。我除了离境外别无选择,因为中国[屏蔽]对我穷追不舍要活捉或打死我。
On my arrival in India, I dispatched several telegrams to the Emperor: but his reply to my demands was delayed by corrupt officials at Peking. Meanwhile, the Manchu Empire collapsed. The Tibetans were encouraged to expel the Chinese from central Tibet. I, too, returned safely to my rightful and sacred country, and I am now in the course of driving out the remnants of Chinese troops from Do Kham in eastern Tibet. Now, the Chinese intention of colonizing Tibet under the patron-priest relationship has laded like a rainbow in the sky. Having once again achieved for ourselves a period of happiness and peace, I have now allotted to all of you the following duties to be carried out without negligence:
我一到印度就给皇帝发出了几封电报。但他对我的要求的回复却因为北京的[屏蔽]官员而延迟。同时,满族皇帝被[屏蔽]了。藏民被鼓励把汉人从中部酉-臧驱逐出去。于是我也回到了我合法的神圣的国家。而我现在的工作是把还留在酉-臧东部的中国[屏蔽]残部赶出Do Kham。现在,中国人在捐助人—祭司关系下侵占酉-臧的企图就象天空中的彩虹一样可望而不可及。我们已再次为自己赢得一段时间的幸福和安宁,我现在向你们分配以下任务。我要求你们完成任务并没有任何疏忽。

(1) Peace and happiness in this world can only be maintained by preserving the faith of Buddhism. It is, therefore, essential to preserve all Buddhist institutions in Tibet, such as the Jokhang temple and Ramoche in Lhasa, Samye, and Traduk in southern Tibet, and the three great monasteries, etc.
(1)世界上的和平与幸福只能通过保持佛教信仰来维持。因此有必要在酉-臧保留一切佛教制度和习俗,比如拉萨的Jokhang寺和Ramoche;Samye和南部酉-臧的Traduk以及三个大寺庙等等。
(2) The various Buddhist sects in Tibet should be kept in a distinct and pure form. Buddhism should be taught, learned, and meditated upon properly. Except for special persons, the administrators of monasteries are forbidden to trade, loan money, deal in any kind of livestock, and/or subjugate another's subjects.
(2) 酉-臧佛教的不同的教派应该在不同地区[屏蔽]存在。佛[屏蔽]们要接受合适的教育,要学会适当思考。除了特定的人员,教士们被禁止相互交易、借贷、饲养家畜和占有他人的物品。
(3) The Tibetan government's civil and military officials, when collecting taxes or dealing with their subject citizens, should carry out their duties with fair and honest judgment so as to benefit the government without hurting the interests of the subject citizens. Some of the central government officials posted at Ngari Korsum in western Tibet, and Do Kham in eastern Tibet, are coercing their subject citizens to purchase commercial goods at high prices and have imposed transportation rights exceeding the limit permitted by the government. Houses, properties, and lands belonging to subject citizens have been confiscated on the pretext of minor breaches of the law. Furthermore, the amputation of citizens' limbs has been carried out as a form of punishment. Henceforth, such severe punishments are forbidden.
(3)酉-臧G0vern.ment的民事和军事官员们要在征税或是跟附属与他们的人民打交道时要以诚实与公道实现自己的职责,这样才能使G0vern.ment受益而又避免侵害附属人民的利益。有些驻扎在西部酉-臧Ngari Korsum和东部酉-臧Do Kham的G0vern.ment官员在强迫他们的属民以高价购买商品并且征收高于G0vern.ment限制价格的运费。属民的房屋、财产和土地因为法律的小漏洞被没收充公。更严重的是,有百姓被砍掉肢体以作为惩罚。从此以后,如此严酷的惩罚要禁止。
(4) Tibet is a country with rich natural resources; but it is not scientifically advanced like other lands. We are a small, religious, and independent nation. To keep up with the rest of the world, we must defend our country. In view of past invasions by foreigners, our people may have to face certain difficulties, which they must disregard. To safeguard and maintain the independence of our country, one and all should voluntarily work hard. Our subject citizens residing near the borders should be alert and keep the government informed by special messenger of any suspicious developments. Our subjects must not create major clashes between two nations because of minor incidents.
(4)酉-臧是个资源丰富的国家。但她的科学不如其它国家发达。我们是个小的宗教[屏蔽]国家。我们必须保卫自己的国家以赶上其它国家。从过去被异族入侵的角度看,我们的人民应该会面对一些他们肯定会漠视的问题。为了保卫我国的[屏蔽],每个人、所有人都要自觉的努力工作。住在边界附近的属民应时刻警惕并通过特殊的通信人向G0vern.ment报告任何可疑的事态。我们的属民不能因一点小事和邻国发生冲突。
(5) Tibet, although thinly populated, is an extensive country. Some local officials and landholders are jealously obstructing other people from developing vacant lands, even though they are not doing so themselves. People with such intentions are enemies of the State and our progress. From now on, no one is allowed to obstruct anyone else from cultivating whatever vacant lands are available. Land taxes will not be collected until three years have passed; after that the land cultivator will have to pay taxes to the government and to the landlord every year, proportion-ate to the rent. The land will belong to the cultivator.
(5)酉-臧虽人口不多,但是个辽阔的国家。有些官员和地主因嫉妒与猜疑而阻碍他人开垦荒地,即使不是他们亲自做。有这样想法的人是我们国家与发展的敌人。从现在起,严禁妨碍他人开垦任何存在的荒地。土地税在前三年内免收,之后土地开垦者将必须每年向G0vern.ment和地主交一定比例的税。土地归开垦人所有。
  Your duties to the government and to the people will have been achieved when you have executed all that I have said here. This letter must be posted and proclaimed in every district of Tibet, and a copy kept in the records of the offices in every district.
你们对G0vern.ment与人民的职责将在你执行了我在这里所说的一切之后实现。这封信必须在酉-臧的每个地区张贴并宣读,并在每个地方G0vern.ment内保存一份。
From the Potala Palace. (Seal of the Dalai Lama).
来自布达拉宫。(DLai[屏蔽][印章])
本帖最近评分记录:
  • 浮云:-20 (by Rivendell) | 理由: 已经构成主题刷版……该罚还是要罚的……
  • 顶端 Posted: 2006-09-07 21:06 | [楼 主]
    奇瑞

贝尔诺勋章
    性别: 帅哥 状态: 该用户目前不在线
    头衔: 曾经的荣誉会员
    等级: 荣誉会员
    家族: 米兰内洛
    发贴: 8080
    威望: 1
    浮云: 734
    在线等级:
    注册时间: 2004-12-24