等级: 希望之光
发贴: 1691
威望: 5
浮云: 1126
在线等级:
注册时间: 2005-10-19
最后登陆: 2010-04-15

5come5帮你背单词 [ reflection/-exion // n. 映象,倒影,反射,沉思,熟虑 ]

The new faces of the modeling world, and you’ll definitely look twice. Models of course are usually known for their striking good looks. But ABC’s John Berman found the latest supermodels are hardly super beautiful.

Gisele Bündchen, she’s a model. Tyson Beckford, he is a model. Kate Moss, she is definitely a model. So, what about this guy?
Hi, I’m Ashley Sass. I’m a male model.
Really? That’s serious. And he’s not alone.
I’m Kurt Joe and I’m a model.
Hi, I’m Brish Hagerman and I’m a model.
I’m an old sick granny model.
What you’re looking at is the roster of one of the latest modeling agency to hit New York, the Ugly Talent Agency. Seriously, that’s the name.

It’s not like I’m tired of looking at really super attractive people, like I said there’s always a place for you know, Victoria’s secret girl and underwear in every man’s life. But I think, you know, you were, I just need a little more.

Simon Rogers is a what you might call not ugly model (Hello, Ugly.) who this year opened up the American branch of Ugly. It has been thriving in London for years. For some of the companies using ugly models include Calvin Klein, Levi’s and Renault.

Something about them has to be unique and interesting and they have to be representative\ of a certain kind of person.
You should recall it a little bit, you know, you look for interesting people, people who stand\ out. But are you looking for really ugly people?
Sure. You know, the whole world, the whole garment and the truth is that they all represent a certain something to other people.

The models don’t really see themselves as ugly. That’s not really, necessarily accurate. I mean, look at \ people here, you are not looking at anybody you wanna kick out of bed, you know what I mean?

Simon will literally walk the streets, strolling for people with their special look.
This is for legitimate concern, and there’s my name.
Before Simon came up to you, had anyone ever told you you could be a model?
Eh, never cross my mind.
When they told you, you had the look, what do you think it was they were saying?
I have no idea, but if they want\ it, I’ll sell…I mean, you know.
They do want it. And for these models at Ugly, their new-found success can be summed up in one word -- beautiful.
John Berman, ABC News, New York.
顶端 Posted: 2007-12-20 16:16 | [1 楼]
我不会做字幕

性别: 美女 状态: 该用户目前不在线
等级: 品行端正
发贴: 144
威望: 0
浮云: 1118
在线等级:
注册时间: 2007-11-27
最后登陆: 2008-01-21

5come5帮你背单词 [ check /tek/ B vt. 检查,校对,阻止,控制;v. 检查,核对,阻止,控制 ]

为什么看不到哦?
顶端 Posted: 2007-12-21 19:46 | [2 楼]
legion211

性别: 帅哥 状态: 该用户目前不在线
等级: 希望之光
发贴: 1845
威望: 0
浮云: 1190
在线等级:
注册时间: 2007-09-09
最后登陆: 2011-05-09

5come5帮你背单词 [ nuclear /'nju:kliə/ a. 原子核的,核心的,中心的 ]

everyone can be a model,everyone has his or her charming.
顶端 Posted: 2007-12-23 18:35 | [3 楼]
我来我网·5come5 Forum » 外语乐园

Total 0.015408(s) query 5, Time now is:06-10 20:28, Gzip enabled